I have heard so many other Astrologers speak about how understanding Astrology is akin to understanding a different language. Just because you do not understand another language doesn’t mean it isn’t real. One of my favorite aspect of the astrology natal chart is locating where your North Node and your South Node are located. The importance behind this is simply the Nodes, in a natal astrological chart shows where you are going (what you are striving to evolve into) and your South Node shows where you have been. The energy and problems you bring from your previous lifetime.
Depending on your belief in reincarnation, the North Node gives you a glimpse as to what you should be working towards to achieve inner peace and progression in this particular incarnation. Your South Node is an indication of your previous incarnation. Where you came from and what you are trying to grow from. Both are vital because as it is essential to know your strengths, it is equally essential to know your weakness as well. Below is a brief over view depending on where your Nodes are located as to what you should be focusing on. Namaste!
- If your North Node is in Aries, then you are here to develop some cosmic balls. You are being called by the universe to be the bold courageous leadership energy that is Aries. That means your South Node is in Libra meaning you are coming from a lifetime where you where the sweet peace-loving middleman. You are being called to be bold and shake things up in this lifetime.
Taurus——–Scorpio (This one is me!)
- If your North Node is in Taurus, then you are here to focus on being grounded and find your inner calm. Finding your calm through enjoying the beautiful and simple things in life. Good food, beautiful flowers, enjoying your children’s laughter. That means your South Node is in Scorpio, meaning you come from passionate, intense, and unfortunate controlling behavior. You can easily turn the depth of your passions into a drama filled shit show. In this life we are here to focus on the simple pleasures of life, to find balance and serenity. Too be able to let go of the depths (The fear and worry) and possessive behavior to transform into the inner calm, stability, and pragmatic soul we are destined to be.
- If your North Node is in Gemini than your life mission is plain and simple about focusing on clear and concise communication.You are an information seeking machine, and truth seeker at its finest. That means your South Node is in Sagittarius and indicates a prior lifetime of finding ones self, being a true philosopher. Perhaps that’s why in this lifetime you are called to communicate all of the philosophy that you retained from your last lifetime.
- If your North Node is in Cancer than your life mission is to develop more empathy towards others. Giving and receiving more emotions is what you need to evolve and to grow. Realizing that if the people in your life are not genuinely there to nurture, love and be there for you more so then themselves then they are not for your highest good. That means your South Node is in Capricorn meaning in a previous lifetime. You were more than likely the top dog/ the boss in your lifetime. However had a tendency to let greed and status overcome you. You are now responsible for evolving your mindset into focusing on the importance of emotional riches more so than the monetary.
- If your North Node is in Leo then you are here to be in the spotlight, you are here to exude charisma and confidence. You yearn to be seen to be the star this go around. That means your South Node is in Aquarius indicates in the past you probably didn’t truly understand yourself, became a little too people pleasing or more than often gave the spotlight away to others.
- If your North Node is in Virgo, then you are here to cosmically get your life together. Your goal is to get your organization skills up to their finest ability. Growth will come for you when you focus more on a pragmatic way of thinking. That means your South Node is in Pisces which means you spent your previous incarnation floating and drifting in life in the dreamy imaginative nature you were known for.
- If your North Node is in Libra, then you are here to focus more on peace and balance, your soul grows more from including others and being fair. That means your South Node is in Aries where in your past life you probably often argumentative, ego driven, and competitive to a downfall.
- If your North Node is in Scorpio, then you are destined to dive into the things in life that spark passion and depth. That means your South Node is in Taurus indication in your past life you were inclined to a luxurious but simple life that prevented you from understanding much less able to handle the complexities of life.
- If your North Node is in Sagittarius, then you are here to roam the wild searching for the philosophy & meanings of life. Learning that the universe truly does have your best wishes in mind and want nothing more for you than abundance. That means your South Node is in Gemini and you will have to overcome being too much in your own head, the constant trait of believing you are smarter than everyone else.
- If your North Node is in Capricorn, then you are here to add discipline and add structure to your soul. Finding yourself through responsibility and self-sufficiency. That means your South Node is in Cancer meaning you were very needy and irrationally emotional in a previous life and more than likely drained people emotionally.
- If your North Node is in Aquarius, then you are an absolute visionary in this lifetime. I have read this is one of the best placements for your North Node for ascension comes so natural for you and you seem virtually advanced in all you do. You are meant to revolutionize your soul (and possibly others) in this lifetime. That means your South Node is in Leo and in your past life you probably struggled with real out of control ego issues. Arrogant, overly domineering hindered your soul from truly evolving as it should.
- If your North Node is in Pisces means you are here for the spiritual journey of transcendence. You are here to express your big beautiful imaginative soul with the world. Being an artist is so common with individuals with this placement, for they are able to express their imagination and creativity with those on a bigger platform. That means your South Node is in Virgo, in the past you were about work and nothing else. The workaholic who never felt good enough, felt they never measured up. Who not only had a tendency to judge others to harshly but to judge themselves as well.